- You have installed and configured two identical, independently-operational SAP HANA systems – a primary system and a secondary system.
- The required ports must be available.
- The same instance number is used for primary and secondary systems. The instance number +1 must be free on both systems, because this port range is used for system replication communications.
- You have added both systems in the SAP HANA cockpit.
- You have verified that the log_mode parameter in the persistence section of the global.ini file is set to normal for both systems.